The Boat Operators Anti-Terrorism Training Program (BOAT) is designed to instruct the experienced marine law enforcement officer in advanced skills required to operate vessels in anti-terrorism and port security operations.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- The student must be a current marine law enforcement officer with at least one-year experience as a marine law enforcement vessel operator, be capable of maintaining control of a vessel while conducting high-speed maneuvers in close proximity to other vessels or obstructions.
- Must be in good physical condition and be capable of meeting established FLETC Practical Performance Requirements (PPRs) while enduring long periods of strenuous underway boat operations.
Required Training Materials
- Wool knit cap for winter classes
- Baseball cap for summer classes
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen
- Boat shoes
- Escort and Security Zone
- Boat Tactics Static Security Zone
- Boat Tactics Moving Security Zone
- Tactical Electronics
Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training, email questions to FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov or telephone 912-267-3344.
State, local and tribal officers requesting training should register online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-743-5382.
International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3235
Charleston: (843) 566-8579