The Back Country Tactical Training Program (BTTTP) is designed to provide law enforcement officers (LEO) in the area of fundamental tracking and safe team tactics related to fugitive manhunts. The techniques instructed in this program can also be utilized for Search and Rescue (SAR) missions. The BTTTP includes the information needed to conduct training during in-service or refresher training.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day.
- Must not have any medical restrictions.
Required Training Materials
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (e.g., BDUs, agency t-shirt, boots, etc.)
- Bug spray
- Tracking and Sign Cutting
- Map Reading and Land Navigation
- Camouflage for Tracking Operations
- Orientation for Backcountry Tactics and Tracking Training Program
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-2599
Artesia: (575) 746-5962