U.S Government Official Agency Endorsement Letter - FLETC International Visitor/Student
(U.S. Embassy/RSO or U.S. Federal Agency on Official Letterhead)
National Capital Region/ International Training Division
Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
9000 Commo Road
Cheltenham, MD 20588
Our office has been requested to provide a letter of recommendation for Mr./Ms. (Applicant’s Full Name), (Title) of (list applicant’s agency, city and country) to visit the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) for the purpose of (insert purpose here, Type Visit/Training). Our (Office, Agency, U.S. Embassy, Law Enforcement Working Group, etc.) is in concurrence with the proposed visit. Visitor details are as below:
(NOTE: Multiple visitors/students may be included in one submission. The following is the required information to process this request.)
1. Applicant/Visitor’s Full Name: Smith, John D
2. Applicant/Visitor’s Country: Brazil
3. Applicant/Visitor’s Title: Investigator
4. Agency-Ministry/Organization: Brazil Police Department
5. Applicant/Visitor’s Place of Birth: London, England
6. Applicant/Visitor’s Date of Birth: 11/4/1956
7. Purpose of Visit/Training Program Requested: Meet with FLETC representatives to discuss XXXX Training Programs Requested: training programs OR Physical Security Training Program (PSTP-555)
8. Requested Visit/Training Date(s): 7/30/06-08/05/06
9. FLETC Site(s) to be Visited: FLETC/Glynco, GA; FLETC/Artesia, NM; FLETC/Charleston; and/or FLETC/Cheltenham, MD
10. Mr. Smith is a sworn Law Enforcement Officer with the law enforcement agency name as a title. (If the applicant is not a sworn law enforcement officer, please explain the applicant's role in the criminal justice system (i.e. commissioner, prosecutor, judge, evidence technician, etc.) and agency details).
Applicant(s) names have been submitted and vetted pursuant to the Leahy Amendment and no derogatory information has been found.
12. (If this official letter does not come from the closest U.S. Embassy where the applicant works, add the following statement.) The Regional Security Officer (name), at the U.S. Embassy in (location), who can be contacted at (list telephone number – include country code, email address, fax number and mailing address), is fully aware of this individual and concurs with this request for the applicant to visit the FLETC.
13. Mr. Smith is at least 85% or more proficient in English (oral communication, written communication, and reading comprehension). (Applicable for students only).
14. Mr. Smith will require simultaneous interpretation services which will provided my agency. (If Applicable for non-students only – FLETC does not provide simultaneous interpretation)
15. Mr. Smith has met all prerequisites established for the training program. (Applicable for students only).
If you have any questions please contact, me at (list telephone number, email address and mailing address).