International law enforcement officer and criminal justice professionals may attend training programs at the FLETC on a space-available and reimbursable basis. The following are the steps non-U.S. citizen participants must follow in order for acceptance consideration:
The applicant must contact the ITD International Coordinator at email@example.com to inquire if a seat is available. If space is available, all required documents must be received and approved before a seat can be tentatively reserved.
If space is available - the following will occur. Note: All forms must be received 60 days prior to the start date of training. If documentation is not received, your seat will be cancelled.
Applicant will receive the following forms from ITD:
- DHS Foreign National Screening Request Form (DHS FORM 11055): Information on Individual Foreign National student. Applicant needs to complete the form and return it to the ITD International Coordinator with a legible copy of applicant’s passport and visa, if applicable. (Note: If not provided 60 days prior to training start date the seat will be cancelled.)
- FLETC Form (121-00-03) Foreign National Financial Reimbursement. Complete and return to the ITD International Coordinator.
- The applicant must request an Agency Endorsement Letter from the nearest U.S. Embassy’s Regional Security Officer. Note: If a U.S. Federal agency is sponsoring the applicant, the sponsoring agency must provide the Agency Endorsement Letter.
- The original Agency Endorsement Letter must be provided directly to ITD 60 days prior to the training start date. The letter must be on official letterhead from either the sponsoring U.S. Federal agency or the Regional Security Officer (RSO) at the applicant’s nearest U.S. Embassy.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the necessary embassy/agency to request this letter. The letter must include the following information:
- Applicant’s Full Name
- FLETC Training Program Requesting
- Requested Training Dates (Class Start Date/Class End Date)
- A statement that the U.S. Federal Agency or the Regional Security Officer has conducted checks and the following information has been verified concerning the applicant:
Applicant’s Date of Birth
A statement that applicant is a sworn law enforcement officer with the law enforcement organization name and country. (If the applicant is not a law enforcement officer, provide the name of the organization with which the applicant is affiliated and a clarification of why the applicant should be approved to attend a FLETC law enforcement-training course).
Applicant’s law enforcement title.
A statement that applicant is 85% proficient in English (to include oral and written communication and reading comprehension).
A statement that the applicant has been vetted pursuant to the Leahy Amendment and no derogatory information was found.
If the letter is not from the U.S. Embassy, a statement that the Regional Security Officer (RSO) is fully aware of, and concurs with applicant’s request for training at the FLETC. (List the name of the RSO to include address, telephone and email address.)