The Pistol Skills Enhancement Training Program (PSETP) is designed to allow hands on training to enhance the competence and confidence of the law enforcement officers weapons handling and shooting ability. Students will receive an enhance attention from FLETC firearms instructors to insure individual strengths and weaknesses are addressed. This program is also designed to increase the accuracy and speed of the law enforcement officer in the four areas the officer needs to survive a lethal force encounter, they are: draw, reloads, target transitions and fixing malfunctions. The students will increase their skill level by working these areas in the form of drills and an enhanced course of fire. The program will incorporate many drills of repetition to build the shooter skills through muscle memory. The student will perform magazine exchanges, tactical reloads, emergency reloads, initial loading and proper unloading procedures. The student will perform these exercises while firing the FLETC Pistol Skills Qualification Course.
Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
Required Training Materials
- Firearms Safety Rules & Regulations
- Pistol Skills Enhancement
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact: FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov for assistance.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should apply online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCemail@example.com or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Charleston: (843) 746-0865