The Physical Security Training Program (PSTP) is an introductory physical security training program designed to provide baseline knowledge of physical security systems and procedures as defined by the Interagency Security Committee (ISC) guidelines. The physical security assessment process is the common thread used in teaching this program. The PSTP includes conceptual security considerations, vulnerabilities assessments, and familiarization with hardware and procedures. Students will participate in various physical security assessments, draft a written report, and participate in various student centered learning activities. Students will also observe a live explosive demonstration. Students are required to pass a comprehensive written exam on training day six with a minimum score of 70%. Students must also pass an individual graded practical exercise at the end of the program.
Attendance is open to federal, state, local, or tribal law enforcement officers and agents who are assigned duties related to physical security protection. Individuals whose duties directly relate to physical security protection but are not sworn law enforcement officers may attend if they are sponsored by a federal, state, local, or tribal law enforcement agency.
Required Training Materials
All training material will be provided on day one of the class.
- Interagency Security Committee Orientation
- Security Legal Considerations
- Risk Management
- Access Control
- Perimeter Security
- Security Design
- Guard Force
- Protective Lighting (to include night lighting assessment)
- Video Monitoring Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Improvised Explosive Devices-IED
- Security Assessment Process
- Computer Vulnerabilities and Countermeasures
- Various on/off-site assessment venues
- Various student centered learning activities throughout the program
- Federal organization personnel should contact their agency training officer to register for training. If you do not know your agency representative you may contact: FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov for assistance.
- State, local and tribal officers requesting training should apply online. If organizational support is required or you have additional needs, please email FLETCAdmissions@fletc.dhs.gov
- International (non-US) personnel should email FLETCfirstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 912-261-4023.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 261-3633