The LLTP is designed to prepare federal, state, local and tribal law enforcement officers/agents to perform law enforcement operations under low or no light conditions (e.g., using firearms and vehicle stop tactics, searching buildings, responding to active threats, etc.). The goal of the program is to conduct relevant, progressive, and dynamic reduced/no light engagement training.
1. Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
2. Must be in good physical condition and have no medical restrictions.
3. Must be able to participate in intensive, dynamic training conducted in low and no light training environments after normal training hours.
Required Training Materials
Advanced Low Light
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 554-4321
Artesia: (575) 746-5962
Charleston: (843) 746-0865
Cheltenham: (301) 877-8430