The following is general training information for training officers and prospective students. Should you have a question or require additional information on FLETC Cheltenham training activities or conference facilities not addressed in this section, please contact the FLETC Cheltenham Scheduling Office at 301-877-8515 or FLETC-CheltenhamScheduling@dhs.gov.
Currently, there are no on-site facilities available for:
- Housing students;
- Serving meals;
- Credit union;
- ATM or banking services.
Outgoing official calls must be coordinated through your program specialist or on-site agency representative.
Prior to taking photographs of any training, demonstration or practical exercise in progress, ensure that you have obtained permission from the appropriate Instructor(s).
Students participating in any exercise requiring the operation of a government vehicle must carry in their possession, and present upon request by an instructor or other FLETC official, their valid state driver's license.
All students participating in any exercise requiring the operation of a government vehicle must operate the vehicle within all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of motor vehicles. There are no exceptions to this policy.
All incoming emergency callers should call FLETC Security at 301-877-8400. Due to the large number of students in training and the limited number of personnel available to answer the phones, students are asked to restrict incoming calls to emergency calls only.
In the event of inclement weather, FLETC Cheltenham will follow the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) designated operating status. The official OPM operating status can be determined by:
- Calling the OPM Operating Status line at (202) 606-1900
- Visiting the OPM Operating Status web page.
- Monitoring news media announcements.
FLETC Cheltenham will observe the OPM operating status as follows:
- Open under Unscheduled Leave: Regular training schedule.
- Open under Delayed Arrival/Unscheduled Leave: 6:00am - 9:30am firearms requalification training will be cancelled; delayed start for all other training.
- Closed: All training will be cancelled.
Students may also call the FLETC Cheltenham Operational Status Information number at (301) 877-8500 for a recorded operating status announcement.
- Baltimore Washington International Airport
- Dulles International Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Additional Airport Information
The Branch Avenue Metro Station, on the Green Line, is the closest metro station to the Cheltenham Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
Directions from Branch Avenue Metro Station
- Make right onto Auth Road towards Branch Avenue (Route 5),
- Left onto Branch Avenue Southbound (Maryland Route 5);
- South on Branch Avenue for 4 miles to Woodyard Road (Maryland Route 223) Exit;
- At end of exit ramp, turn left onto Woodyard Road (Northbound);
- Travel 1 mile to intersection with Dangerfield Road;
- Turn right onto Dangerfield Road;
- Travel ¾ mile on Dangerfield Road;
- Turn left onto Commo Road at FLETC, Cheltenham sign;
- Continue ¼ mile to Main Gate Security Guard Post.
Additional Metrorail Information
NOTE: Per diem rates vary between counties. Please verify applicable location per diem rate at Government Per Diem Rates.