The Boat Operators Anti-Terrorism Training Program (BOAT) is designed to instruct the experienced marine law enforcement officer in advanced skills required to operate vessels in anti-terrorism and port security operations.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- The student must be a current marine law enforcement officer with at least one-year experience as a marine law enforcement vessel operator, be capable of maintaining control of a vessel while conducting high-speed maneuvers in close proximity to other vessels or obstructions.
- Must be in good physical condition and be capable of meeting established FLETC Practical Performance Requirements (PPRs) while enduring long periods of strenuous underway boat operations.
Required Training Materials
- Wool knit cap for winter classes
- Baseball cap for summer classes
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen
- Boat shoes
- Escort and Security Zone
- Boat Tactics Static Security Zone
- Boat Tactics Moving Security Zone
- Tactical Electronics
The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us to request placement on our Wait List.
The FLETC State, Local and Tribal Division (SLTD) supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to hosts, through the FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST) online application site at FLETC.gov/FAST.
For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETCAdmissions@FLETC.DHS.GOV or 800-743-5382.
Program Contact Info
Glynco: (912) 267-3235
Charleston: (843) 566-8579