The ACCTP will be designed for federal, state and local law enforcement officers, uniformed or plain clothes, who carry a concealed firearm on and/or off duty. The program is intended to provide information on weapon selection, carry position options and an overview of common holster types currently on the market. Students will participate in numerous drills including alternate engagement techniques that will address dealing with limited mobility in close quarter situations such as vehicles and other seated positions. Other topics will include reduced light environments, transition options after making initial contact with the suspect as well as post incident considerations.
- Applicant must be a law enforcement officer/agent with arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.
- Must be in good physical condition
Required Training Materials
- Firearms Safety Rules & Regulations
- Alternate Concealed Carry
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) partner with numerous federal agencies to provide law enforcement training. If you are a member of one of these Participating Organizations, please contact your agency training officer for class availability. If your agency is not a partner organization of the FLETC and you are interested in attending a course, please contact us at FLETC Admissions. Class availability is limited for non-partner organizations.
- The FLETC supports our local law enforcement communities by providing training opportunities, onsite at FLETC campuses and exported to host locations across the United States. State, local and tribal officers can apply for this training at FLETC Application for Student Training (FAST).
- For more information on all training at FLETC, please contact us at FLETC Admissions.