Recovery of Evidence from CCTV Video Recordings (RECVR)Up one level
The RECVR course is taught in a state of the art technical training facility. It is an advanced program designed for the responding law enforcement officer, criminal investigator or evidence technician tasked to obtain original video evidence at crime scenes. Best practices for recognizing, recovering and collecting, sensitive digital video evidence from video surveillance systems are taught. Emphasis is on collection of best evidence, preserving the evidentiary integrity of the video and utilization of correct software to accurately play and review the collected video.
Students will demonstrate their comprehension of the material and techniques taught in this course through extensive laboratory and practical exercises using various proprietary and non proprietary recorders. Successful completion of a graded practical exercise is required for graduation. This is a HANDS-ON course!
The RECVR training program tuition includes state-of-the-art hardware and software which will be issued to each student and will be demonstrated and used during class. A list of major items issued during the course is available below. The tuition also includes room, meals and local transportation.
Length: 5 days, with graduation scheduled at approximately 11:00 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. Travel days are Sunday and Friday. Return flights should not be scheduled before 3 pm Friday.
- Electronic Law and Evidence
- Scene and Digital Closed Circuit Television (DCCTV) assessment
- Scene and DCCTV documentation
- DCCTV system access
- Media acquisition and transfer of data
- Verification of transfer and viability of data
- Return of the DCCTV system to service
Instructional personnel in the Recovery of Evidence from CCTV Video Recordings (RECVR) include senior law enforcement personnel with many years of extensive experience in forensic video and recovery analysis. The technical and operational experience gathered from hundreds of DCCTV investigations allows our instructors to offer the latest in DCCTV recovery techniques.
The class attendees will receive a video evidence recovery kit that includes a laptop computer, other specialized equipment and related software. These items will provide the students with much of the equipment necessary to successfully recover video evidence upon their return to duty.
Prerequisites for Attendance
For acceptance into the Recovery of Evidence from CCTV Video Recordings program the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a full time sworn law enforcement officer/agent or a full time employee who is employed by a Federal, State, Tribal, County or Municipal Law Enforcement Agency and whose duties include the recovery of video evidence and;
- Has the approval of their respective agency and,
- Will be attending the training on agency time.
All applicants are required to sign a statement that they have reviewed the prerequisites and that they meet all of the prerequisites required for attendance prior to attending.
Partner organization personnel have first priority for selection.
Students should be prepared for after-hours classroom time. Issued items subject to change based upon price/availability & functionality without prior notice.
Technical Operations Training Facility
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Glynco, GA 31524
Phone: (912) 267-2702
Fax: (912) 267-2797
- G_RECVR-403 / Glynco, GA -- May 19, 2014 to May 23, 2014
- G_RECVR-404 / Glynco, GA -- Jul 14, 2014 to Jul 18, 2014
- G_RECVR-405 / Glynco, GA -- Aug 25, 2014 to Aug 29, 2014