Basic Incident Response to Digital Evidence Program (BIRDE)Up one level
The purpose of this program is to provide training necessary to any criminal investigator who may be a first responder in a situation in which computer based evidence is or may be recovered. While not being overwhelmingly technical in delivery, this program provides a sufficient overview of technology in order to adequately prepare the criminal investigator for taking proper steps necessary to assess, acquire, and preserve digital evidence during the conduct of an investigation.
Length: 3 days, (Travel days Monday and Friday)
- Search & Seizure Legal Overview
- Computer Hardware and Storage Media
- Cell Phone Seizure
- Investigative Computer Crime Scene Techniques
- Search and Seizure Practical Exercise
- Internet Safety and Survival
Prerequisites for Attendance
There are no prerequisites for this class, other than the participants must be in a law enforcement occupation. Students are solicited from federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
Hosting an Exportable BIRDE
As a convenience to the law enforcement community, the Technical Operations Division (TOD) can export the BIRDE Training Program to an appropriate training site. For organizations that need to train multiple officers or agents, this may be a desirable alternative to enrolling and sending their trainees to the Glynco program. If you would like to consider hosting the BIRDE at your venue, consider the following.
- A classroom with Internet connectivity is required for the export program. (TOD will provide laptop computers)
- For additional information, contact Program Coordinator.
Technical Operations Training Facility
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Glynco, GA 31524
Phone: (912) 267-2702
Fax: (912) 267-2797
This program has been approved as a reimbursed training program to State and Local Officers by the National Integration Center (NIC), formally the Office of Grants and Training (G&T) and will be added to the list of eligible Federal Terrorism Training Courses.
- XP_BIRDE-405 / Glynco, GA -- Apr 22, 2014 to Apr 24, 2014
- XP_BIRDE-406 / Glynco, GA -- Jul 22, 2014 to Jul 24, 2014
- G_BIRDE-401 / Glynco, GA -- Sep 03, 2014 to Sep 05, 2014