Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator Refresher Training Program (LEFCRTP)Up one level
The Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator Refresher Training Program is designed to provide the participant with an update of current practices in the area of fitness. The program will also examine the processes and procedures associated with the fitness coordinator's responsibilities. The program will expose the participant to various training methods and alternatives to common exercise routines to include many functional strength conditioning and tactical conditioning methods. Additionally, the student will learn about nutrition and supplementation for performance, application of exercise physiology, alternative testing protocols and much more.
The instructors in this program are current and former federal, state and local law enforcement personnel, as well as civilian subject matter experts with substantial experience in the area of physical fitness and wellness. All instructors have graduated from the Physical Fitness Coordinator Training Program and currently conduct and coordinate fitness related training to both basic and advanced students at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers. Many of the instructors hold advanced degrees and certifications in the fitness field from accredited colleges, universities and governing bodies such as the American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association and the Cooper Institute for Aerobic Research.
Prerequisites for Attendance
- Participants must have successfully completed one of the following: FLETC Physical Fitness Coordinator Training Program, Cooper Institute's Physical Fitness Specialist Program, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) or National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certification Program, or similar recognized program.
- Participate in completing the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB). The PEB consists of five physical fitness areas performed during a single physical fitness evaluation session. The PEB measures flexibility (Sit and reach test), body fat assessment, agility (Illinois Agility test), aerobic capacity (1.5 mile run), and upper body strength (bench press). *NOTE: The participant’s respective agency will determine whether or not the student will have to achieve a 40% in the PEB to continue on in the program.
- Meet all requirements of the Practical Exercise Performance Requirements for this program. These are: Group B (1-4, 19-21) Group D (3-4) Group E (1-6, 9, 12-15)
- Possess a valid CPR certification. Participants must bring their current CPR card (American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety Health Institute).
- Attend all class sessions. Students who arrive late or leave early and are absent from either instructional or practical sessions will not graduate from the program.
The Physcial Fitness Coordinator Refresher Training Program (PFCRTP) is required in accordance with the Accreditation Standards set forth by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) to ensure continued proficiency of all graduates. Successful completion is required within three years of original graduation date. Graduates who completed their original training more than three years ago are eligible for attendance.
PTD Main Line: (912) 267-2405
Training Technician: (912) 261-3087
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.