Law Enforcement Control Tactics Refresher Training Program (LECTRTP)Up one level
The Law Enforcement Control Tactics Refresher Program (LECTRTP) is a 40 hour course designed to refresh and update students who have successfully completed the Law Enforcement Control Tactics Instructor Training Program (LECTITP), Arrest Techniques Instructor Training Program (ATITP) or the Defensive Tactics Instructor Training Program (DTITP). Upon completion of the program, students will be able to incorporate the changes to their agency's in-service training program and receive a Certificate of Completion. All necessary training equipment will be supplied during the course.
Length: 5 days
- Striking and Close Quarter Defensive Tactics
- Pressure Points
- Weapon Retention
- Ground Defense
- Arrest Techniques
- Baton Control Techniques
- Edged Weapon Awareness
- Oleoresin Capsicum Spray
- Use of Force
- Scenario Development
The instructors in this program are current and former federal, state and local law enforcement personnel with substantial experience in the area of law enforcement control tactics. All instructors have graduated from the Law Enforcement Control Tactics Instructor Training Program and currently conduct and coordinate law enforcement related training to both basic and advanced students at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers. Many of the instructors hold advanced degrees and certifications in the art of self-defense, as it relates to law enforcement applications, from a variety of disciplines, philosophies and concepts.
Prerequisites for Attendance
- The individual selected for attendance to the LECTRTP must be employed as a full-time law enforcement officer actively engaged in enforcing laws, providing instruction, or expected to instruct officers in the areas of arrest techniques, defensive tactics, baton, edged weapons, use of force and OC.
- The individual must be medically cleared to participate in all phases of physical activity.
- Late Arrivals and early dismissals are not permitted.
- The individual must have attended and completed an LECTITP, ATITP or DTITP.
- Meet all requirements of the Physical Performance Requirements (PPR) for this program. The PPRs that must be answered: Group B (2-18, 25),; Group D (3); Group E (1-6, 9, 12-15).
- Pre-registration is required.
- Participants must bring proper clothing for defensive tactics (examples: BDU pants, T-Shirt or compatible clothing. Clothing will not be provided by the program.
- Participants are encouraged to bring the duty gear they currently train with. Red Guns will be provided.
The Law Enforcement Control Tactics Refresher Training Program (LECTRTP) is recommended for trainers who have successfully completed the LECTITP, ATITP or DTITP. The LECTRTP builds upon techniques and skills acquired during the initial instructor training program while providing students with updated information and techniques currently being taught at the PTD. Additionally, LECTRTP provides trainers the opportunity to network and train with counterparts from various participating federal, state and local agencies.
PTD Main Line: (912) 267-2405
Training Technician: (912) 267-3087
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.