Firearms DivisionUp one level
The Firearms Division (FAD) is part of The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Glynco, Georgia facility.
The mission of the Firearms Division is to provide federal, state, local, tribal and international law enforcement agencies with high quality basic and advanced firearms training that enhances survivability, promotes the safe handling, proficient application and justifiable use of a firearm.
Vision for the Future
FLETC Firearms Division strives to be the government's foremost law enforcement firearms training organization, while actively promoting safety and environmental stewardship.
Instructors in the Firearms Division are current and former law enforcement personnel from over 90 Federal law enforcement organizations and numerous state and local law enforcement agencies. All instructors have substantial experience either as criminal investigators and/or uniform patrol officers and contribute instructional expertise to the consolidated training offered by the FLETC Firearms Division.
All instructors attend the Firearms Instructor Training Program (FITP) and several tactical and special weapons instructor training programs after their selection as an instructor in the Firearms Division. The FAD instructional staff that coordinates and conducts specialized training programs, such as the Precision Rifle and Observer Program (PROP), Law Enforcement Rifle Training Program (LERTP) and the Submachine-Gun Instructor Training Program (SMGITP), has knowledge, training and experience in the subject matter from previous career positions which include U.S. Secret Service counter-sniper teams, U.S. military high power rifle team members/coaches, tactical assault team members (Special Operation Groups) and state and/or local law enforcement special weapons and tactics teams.
State, Local, Campus, and Tribal agencies:
Information regarding availability of seats, program costs, and/or registration procedures.
FAD, Building 221
1131 Chapel Crossing Road
Glynco, GA 31524
Phone: (912) 267-2278
- Interesting Facts About the Firearms Division
- Important Message for Persons Attending Any of these Training Programs
- Firearms Instructor Refresher Training Program (FIRTP)
- Firearms Instructor Training Program (FITP)
- Instructional Techniques for Non-Lethal Training Ammunition (ITNTA)
- Law Enforcement Rifle Training Program (LERTP)
- Precision Rifle Observer Training Program (PROP)
- Reactive Shooting Instructor Training Program (RSITP)
- Submachine Gun Instructor Training Program (SMGITP)
- Survival Shooting Training Program (SSTP)