Marine Law Enforcement Training Program (MLETP)Up one level
The MLETP provides basic marine law enforcement training for officers/agents of those agencies and organizations involved in the specialized areas of marine regulation, protection, and law enforcement responsibilities. The major emphasis of this comprehensive training program is on the safe and proper operation of marine patrol vessels, with specific training in law enforcement operations.
Length: 19 class days (includes two night underway laboratories)
The lead instructors for the MLETP are current and former law enforcement officers with extensive experience piloting government, commercial, and civilian vessels. Marine instructors have extensive investigative and police experience with a multitude of federal and state agencies and many have served in the U.S. Coast Guard. These instructors are experts in the safe and effective operation of marine vessels in a law enforcement environment.
Prerequisites for Attendance
For acceptance into the program, applicants must be Federal law enforcement officers/agents and graduates of basic law enforcement programs or academies. State and local law enforcement students may attend on a space-available basis. All applicants must be recommended by their supervisors or other agency official and be currently assigned to a marine law enforcement unit.
Training Dates and Other Items
- MLETP Graduation Pin Symbolism
- MLETP 410 / Glynco, GA -- Sep 08, 2014 to Oct 02, 2014
- MLETP 501 / Glynco, GA -- Oct 06, 2014 to Oct 31, 2014
- MLETP 502 / Glynco, GA -- Jan 05, 2015 to Jan 30, 2015
- MLETP 503 / Glynco, GA -- Feb 02, 2015 to Feb 27, 2015
- MLETP 504 / Glynco, GA -- Mar 02, 2015 to Mar 26, 2015
- MLETP 505 / Glynco, GA -- Mar 30, 2015 to Apr 23, 2015
- MLETP 506 / Glynco, GA -- Jun 01, 2015 to Jun 25, 2015
- MLETP 507 / Glynco, GA -- Jul 06, 2015 to Jul 30, 2015
- MLETP 508 / Glynco, GA -- Aug 03, 2015 to Aug 27, 2015
- MLETP 509 / Glynco, GA -- Sep 14, 2015 to Oct 08, 2015