Marine Law Enforcement Training Program (MLETP)Up one level
The MLETP provides basic marine law enforcement training for officers/agents of those agencies and organizations involved in the specialized areas of marine regulation, protection, and law enforcement responsibilities. The major emphasis of this comprehensive training program is on the safe and proper operation of marine patrol vessels, with specific training in law enforcement operations.
Length: 19 class days (includes two night underway laboratories)
The lead instructors for the MLETP are current and former law enforcement officers with extensive experience piloting government, commercial, and civilian vessels. Marine instructors have extensive investigative and police experience with a multitude of federal and state agencies and many have served in the U.S. Coast Guard. These instructors are experts in the safe and effective operation of marine vessels in a law enforcement environment.
Prerequisites for Attendance
For acceptance into the program, applicants must be Federal law enforcement officers/agents and graduates of basic law enforcement programs or academies. State and local law enforcement students may attend on a space-available basis. All applicants must be recommended by their supervisors or other agency official and be currently assigned to a marine law enforcement unit.
Training Dates and Other Items
- MLETP Graduation Pin Symbolism
- MLETP 404 / Glynco, GA -- Mar 03, 2014 to Mar 27, 2014
- MLETP 405 / Glynco, GA -- Mar 31, 2014 to Apr 24, 2014
- MLETP 406 / Glynco, GA -- Apr 28, 2014 to May 22, 2014
- MLETP 407 / Glynco, GA -- Jun 02, 2014 to Jun 26, 2014
- MLETP 408 / Glynco, GA -- Jul 07, 2014 to Jul 31, 2014
- MLETP 409 / Glynco, GA -- Aug 04, 2014 to Aug 28, 2014
- MLETP 410 / Glynco, GA -- Sep 08, 2014 to Oct 02, 2014