Protective Detail Refresher (PDR)Up one level
The Protective Detail Refresher (PDR), formerly the Protective Service Operations In-Service Training Program (PSOITP), is a 5-day course designed to refresh those specialized skills for personnel who conduct Protective Service Operations.
Emphasis is placed on attendees performing hands-on practical training to include motorcade tactics, evasive driving, formations, survival shooting and cover and evacuation drills. This is not an entry level PSO course and attendees should possess a basic understanding of Protective Service Operations and/or actively work within a protective detail.
Length: 5 class days and consists of forty (40) course hours.
PSO Mobile & Foot Formations/Movements
Attack Recognitions & Response
Flying Armed Update
Instructors assigned to coordinate and instruct this program have a significant background in law enforcement/military, special operations and Protective Service Operations. The instructional staff includes personnel from federal law enforcement, military, state and municipal law enforcement agencies. All instructors assigned to teach in FLETC programs attend special instructor training certification courses.
Prerequisites for Attendance
This program is open to current Federal, state, local and military law enforcement personnel having Protective Service Operations responsibilities or serving in a training position where knowledge of the subject matter is required.
Students must bring their duty handgun, magazines, holster, magazine pouch, concealment garment (coat, jacket, oversize shirt, etc.) and a minimum of 500 rounds of ammunition to training.
This course is evaluated; training culminates with a comprehensive final practical exercise demonstrating knowledge of the curriculum.
- E_PDR-402 / Cheltenham, MD -- Dec 09, 2013 to Dec 13, 2013
- E_PDR-403 / Cheltenham, MD -- Jan 06, 2014 to Jan 10, 2014
- E_PDR-404 / Cheltenham, MD -- Jan 27, 2014 to Jan 31, 2014
- E_PDR-405 / Cheltenham, MD -- Feb 10, 2014 to Feb 14, 2014
- E_PDR-406 / Cheltenham, MD -- Mar 10, 2014 to Mar 14, 2014
- E_PDR-407 / Cheltenham, MD -- Apr 21, 2014 to Apr 25, 2014
- E_PDR-408 / Cheltenham, MD -- Jun 23, 2014 to Jun 27, 2014
- E_PDR-409 / Cheltenham, MD -- Jul 21, 2014 to Jul 25, 2014
- E_PDR-410 / Cheltenham, MD -- Aug 11, 2014 to Aug 15, 2014
- E_PDR-411 / Cheltenham, MD -- Aug 25, 2014 to Aug 29, 2014
- E_PDR-412 / Cheltenham, MD -- Sep 08, 2014 to Sep 12, 2014