Vehicle Criminal Interdiction Training Program (AXP_VCITP)Up one level
This program is designed for law enforcement officers involved in highway criminal interdiction investigations. Instruction consists of classroom lecture on current fourth amendment search and seizure court cases related to highway interdiction, terrorist criminal activity, pre-stop and post-stop vehicle and occupant (s) indicators, and roadside interview techniques including non-verbal communications.
The students will participate in team exercises performing hands on scenarios including; indicator recognition, interviewing techniques, proper search techniques, hidden compartment identification, and evidence collection and processing.
Length: 3 days
- Requirements for conducting legal searches
- Warrant and warrantless searches
- Preparing legally sufficient criminal complaints
Explosives / Improvised Explosive Devices
- Identify types/classes of explosives
- Improvised explosive components
- Response procedures
- Duties of first responder on scene
Highway Criminal Interdiction
- Concepts of highway criminal interdiction
- Elements to criminal interdiction arising from traffic stops
- Indicators of criminal and deceptive activity
- Recommended sequence of events for
- obtaining consent to search
- Methods of concealment
- Methods of preserving the evidence
Tuition and Cost
Please contact the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center for course related costs. The cost will vary depending on the location of the training. This program is available for delivery to the requesting agencies location.
Prerequisites for Attendance
This program is designed specifically for full time commissioned federal, state, local, campus, and tribal law enforcement officers or agents involved in the interdiction of criminal activity in their respective jurisdictions.
Phone (575) 748-8183 or (575) 746-5748
Fax (575) 748-8171
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.