Basic Tactics Instructor Training Program (BTITP)Up one level
The Basic Tactics Instructor Training Program (BTITP) is designed to qualify the student to be a field training agent or officer by providing them with high quality training and instilling the analytical knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for the highest proficiency in this specialized field. The course takes Basic Tactics Training to the next level by emphasizing leadership; teach backs, and adult learning as well as the traditional technical skills needed by field training officers and special agents. This course is an intensive 84 hour training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include; tactical transitions and priorities, contingency planning and situational response. In addition, this program focuses on the role of the field trainer and emphasizes evaluation skills and documentation requirements. Upon successful completion of the course, each student will receive a certificate of completion and will be officially recognized as a Basic Tactics Instructor.
- Officer Safety and Survival
- Use of Force
- Legal issues in Tactics
- In-Service/Scenario Development
- Introduction to Basic Tactics Drills
- Weapons Handling/Safety
- Body movement with the use of multiple weapons systems
- Positions with weapons (kneeling, squatting, prone, etc...)
- 360 degree security
- Contact and Cover
- Cover Management
- Cover to cover movement
- Stairwell and Elevator clearing
- Breaching (Introduction to Mechanical Breaching)
- Door entries
- Room and Hallway clearing
- Tactical Simulation Drills
- Situational Response (Warrant Service, Active Events, Unified Events ect.)
- Methods for handling suspected with visible weapons
- NLTA Transitions Drills
- Attend and successfully complete all components of training. Late arrivals and early dismissals are not permitted.
- Skill performance Practical Exercise.
- Must be able to participate in Intensive Training lasting up to 10 hours per day and not have any medical restrictions.
- Pre-registration is required.
Students need to bring
- Duty gear with training weapon if available
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear (BDU, Agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc)
Registration: FLETC Office of Training Support/TAC
Federal law Enforcement Training Center
1131 Chapel Crossing Road
Glynco, GA 31524
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.