- The following items are provided by FLETC: alarm clocks, towels,
wash cloths, bar soap, toilet paper, sheets, pillows with cases,
blankets, bed spreads, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers,
televisions. Personal care items not listed are the responsibility of
the student. It is the responsibility of the student to launder FLETC
issued uniforms and personal clothing. Plan to bring or purchase
laundry detergent, bleach and/or softener. Clean towels, sheets, etc.,
are provided by maid service.
- Dormitories are centrally heated and air-conditioned.
- No pets allowed.
- Dormitory rooms cannot be reserved in advance. The FLETC is a smoke
free facility, thus smoking is not permitted inside any facility.
Dormitory rooms are for student use only; there are no facilities for
spouses, families, etc.
- Rooms for the handicapped are available (Special Needs). Requests
for these rooms must be made in advance through your training
- Dormitory phones are restricted to locals calls (on and
off-Center), toll free calls (e.g., 1-800 numbers), and calling card
Off-Center Contract Housing
- Housing for incoming students is secured by the Student Services
Division; General Support Branch (SSD/GSB). Location of the assigned
housing is NOT released prior to the student’s arrival due to
security/safety purposes; the student will be notified at
- Motel Check-in time: No earlier than 3:00 p.m.
- Motel Check-out time: No later than 12:00 noon
- No pets allowed except prior approved (by SSD) service dogs or
- The Federal Acquisition Regulations apply relative to contract
services; lodging assignments may change prior to the class start date.
While in training status, if the student is accompanied by others and
is lodged in contract Off-Center housing, the desk clerk shall be
notified. Costs not covered by the FLETC contract are the
responsibility of the student and are payable at check-out.
- Prior approval must be obtained for Basic students to reside in
Off-Center housing. If a student uses lodging other than assigned by
FLETC, the costs incurred for the accommodations will be the
responsibility of the student and not reimbursable by their agency. The
student will be notified to utilize the housing assigned by FLETC. Do
not contact any Off-Center contract lodging property prior to arrival
or attempt to make housing arrangements on your own. If you have
questions, please contact your training coordinator.
- Should you have a complaint or concern while lodged in a FLETC
contract hotel/motel, the initial notification of the complaint or
concern should be communicated to the hotel/motel management staff.
Should the resolution by the hotel/motel management not take place
within a reasonable period of time, the issue should be documented and
submitted in a TIMELY manner via the Class Coordinator, who will
forward the documentation to the SSD/GSB Off-Center Contracting
Officer’s Representative (COR) for corrective action.
- Students must NOT pay the motel directly. Housing charges are
reimbursed by the employing agency.
- Miscellaneous Expenses incurred by the student during the stay in
Off-Center Housing are the responsibility of the student. Telephone
charges are not part of the housing costs that are paid by your