Cheltenham Student Information Bulletin
The following is general training information for training officers and prospective students. Should you have a question or require additional information on FLETC Cheltenham training activities or conference facilities not addressed in this section, please contact:
- FLETC Cheltenham Scheduling Office at 301-877-8516, FLETC-CheltenhamScheduling@dhs.gov
- Currently, there are no on-site facilities available for: housing students; serving meals; credit union, ATM or banking services.
- Outgoing official calls must be coordinated through your program specialist or on-site agency representative.
- Prior to taking photographs of any training, demonstration or practical exercise in progress, ensure that you have obtained permission from the appropriate Instructor(s).
- Students participating in any exercise requiring the operation of a government vehicle must carry in their possession, and present upon request by an instructor or other FLETC official, their valid state driver's license.
- All students participating in any exercise requiring the operation
of a government vehicle must operate the vehicle within all applicable
federal and state laws governing the use of motor vehicles. There
are no exceptions to this policy.
- All incoming emergency callers should call FLETC Security at 301-877-8400.
- Due to the large number of students in training and the limited number of personnel available to answer the phones, students are asked to restrict incoming calls to emergency calls only.
In the event of inclement weather, FLETC Cheltenham will follow the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) designated operating status. The official OPM operating status can be determined by:
- Calling the OPM Operating Status line at (202) 606-1900
- Visiting the OPM Operating Status web page at http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/
- Monitoring news media announcements.
FLETC Cheltenham will observe the OPM operating status as follows:
- OPEN under UNSCHEDULED LEAVE: Regular training schedule.
- OPEN under DELAYED ARRIVAL/UNSCHEDULED LEAVE: 6:00am -9:30am firearms requalification training will be cancelled; delayed start for all other training.
- CLOSED: All training will be cancelled.
Students may also call the FLETC Cheltenham Operational Status Information number at (301) 877-8500 for a recorded operating status announcement.
Baltimore Washington International Airport
Dulles International Airport
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Links for additional airport information
The Branch Avenue Metro Station, on the Green Line, is the closest metro station to the Cheltenham Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
Directions from Branch Avenue Metro Station: Make right onto Auth Road towards Branch Avenue (Route 5), left onto Branch Avenue Southbound (Maryland Route 5); south on Branch Avenue for 4 miles to Woodyard Road (Maryland Route 223) Exit; at end of exit ramp, turn left onto Woodyard Road (Northbound); travel 1 mile to intersection with Dangerfield Road; turn right onto Dangerfield Road; travel ¾ mile on Dangerfield Road; turn left onto Commo Road at FLETC, Cheltenham sign; continue ¼ mile to Main Gate Security Guard Post.
For additional metrorail information:
NOTE: Per diem rates vary between counties. Please verify applicable location per diem rate at Government Per Diem Rates
Prince George's County, Maryland (within 1 - 6 miles proximity):
Colony South, 7401 Surratts Road, Clinton, MD 20735 1-800-537-1147, 301-856-4500, www.colonysouth.com (call hotel for rate quote)
The Comfort Inn at Joint Base Andrews, 7979 Malcolm Road, Clinton, MD 20735, 301-856-5200 or 866-284-7891, http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/html/ArrivalInfo?hotel=MD055&srp=LFLETC&pu=no
Country Inn & Suites, 4950 Mercedes Boulevard, Camp Springs, MD 20746, 240-492-1070, www.countryinns.com (call hotel for rate quote)
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC East-Andrews AFB, 5001 Mercedes Boulevard, Camp Springs, MD 20746, 301-423-2323, www.hiexpress.com/dcandrewsafb (call hotel for rate quote)
- Marriott Towne Place Suites Clinton at Joint Base Andrews, Clinton, MD 20735, 877-331-2266, www.marriott.com/wasaf - Enter Corporate ID Code: D8V
- Quality Inn Andrews Air Force Base, 4783 Allentown Road, Camp
Springs, MD 20746, 301-420-2800, www.qualityaafb.com
(call hotel for rate quote)
Charles County, Maryland (within 10 - 12 miles proximity):
Comfort Suites, 11765 Business Park Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601, 301-932-4400, www.comfortsuites.com
Holiday Inn Express Waldorf, 11370 Days Court, Waldorf, MD 20603, 301-932-9200, www.hiexpress.com/waldorfmd
La Quinta Inn, 11770 Business Park Drive, Waldorf, MD 20601, 301-645-0022, 301-843-8100, www.LaQuinta.com
Hampton Inn, 3750 Crain Highway, Waldorf, MD 20603, 301-632-9600, www.hamptoninn.com
- Hilton Garden Inn, 10385 O’Donnell Place, Waldorf, MD 20603, 240-222-0000, http://www.ivtlive.com/ebrochure/hgi/waldorf/index.html
Holiday Inn, 45 St. Patrick's Drive, Waldorf, MD 20602, 301-645-8200, 301-645-8277
- Marriott Courtyard Waldorf, 3145 Crain Highway, Waldorf, MD 20603, 301-885-3333, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/waswd-courtyard-waldorf
- Residence Inn by Marriott Waldorf, 3020 Technology Place, Waldorf,
MD 20601, 301-632-2111, www.marriott.com\waswr
Prince George's County, Maryland (within 14 - 18 miles proximity):
Comfort Inn Conference Center, 4500 Crain Highway, Bowie, MD 20716, 301-464-0089, www.pmchotels.com
Hampton Inn Bowie, 15202 Major Lansdale Boulevard, Bowie, MD 20716, 301-809-1800, 301-809-2515, www.hamptoninnbowie.com
- Residence Inn Marriott National Harbor, 192 Waterfront Street,
National Harbor, Maryland 20745, 301-749-4755, 800-331-3131,
Towneplace Suites, Bowie Town Center, 3700 Town Center Boulevard, Bowie, MD 20716, 301-262-8045, www.marriott.com