Women in Law Enforcement LeadershipUp one level
This program is designed for women in law enforcement who desire to further develop their leadership skills. It is a career development tool that provides a unique opportunity to view leadership principles from the female law enforcement professional’s perspective. The courses in this program are tailored to concentrate on issues and challenges common to female leaders in law enforcement specifically: Gender Differences, Work Life Balance, and others. The program will facilitate open, candid discussions and exercises to identify and develop approaches to deal with common issues and challenges.
The Knowledge, Skills and Ability competency areas include leadership skills through understanding and adapting to human behaviors, communication skills, team building, situational decision-making skills, and emotional intelligence. Taking into consideration life and work experience, participants will explore these topics and develop skills by means of an adult learning model that employs lecture, practical exercises, case studies and self-directed learning.
This program addresses competencies needed to be effective as a leader in the law enforcement community.
Length: 5 days, 40 training hours
- Current Leadership Challenges for Women In Law Enforcement
- Gender Differences
- Work-Life Balance
- Leadership and Understanding Behavioral Diversity (Disc)
- Leadership and Understanding Attitudes in Law Enforcement
- Leadership Concepts
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership and the One-Minute Manager For Law Enforcement
- Group Projects and Presentations
- Panel Discussion
- Participant will complete the DISC behavioral and Personal Interest, Attitudes, and Values Instrument assessments, prior to attending program.
- Participant will take and review their EQ-i assessment and develop plan to strengthen key competencies.
Tuition and Cost
Tuition is free. Students will be responsible for travel, meals and lodging.
Prerequisites for Attendance
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn law enforcement peace officers.
The best way to register is via the on-line registration system. This system allows you to register at your convenience, change your courses, cancel out of a program, and receive electronic feedback on the status of your request.
- Create an Account — This link will allow you to apply for all training programs. It also lets you track your training once you have applied. After signing up for the account, you will receive a user name and password by email. Then, you will be ready to sign in and request a seat in training programs.
- Training Account Login — Use this link if you have read the information (above) and already have a FLETC Training Account.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us at: email@example.com or call 1-800-743-5382 and reference this program.
- Lincoln, RI -- Jun 02, 2014 to Jun 06, 2014