Below 100, Use of Force and Legal Aspects, 4th AmendmentUp one level
The BELOW 100 is an awareness-based, impactful course focusing on preventing line of duty deaths where officers contribute to their own death through their actions. BELOW 100 is not about statistics. It’s about each and every officer, trainer and supervisor taking individual and collective responsibility for the decisions and actions that contribute to safety. The five basic tenants of this program, combined with strong personal commitment, will reduce line of duty deaths across America to levels not seen since the 1940’s.
The Use of Force and Legal Aspects portion of this course will provide the law enforcement officer with an understanding of the legal and practical parameters for using force. Training topics include: the constitutional standard in the use of force; factors that may cause unnecessary hesitation when an officer uses force; methods of overcoming unnecessary hesitation in the use of force applications; fundamentals of documenting a use of force incident; and more.
The 4th Amendment portion of this course examines the principles of search and seizure as prescribed by the Fourth Amendment. The exclusionary rule, probably cause, particularity and other constitutional safeguards are identified and explained. Emphasis is placed on the proper preparation and execution of search warrants, as well as legal exceptions to the warrant requirements.
Length: 3 Days
Who Should Attend
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn law enforcement peace officers.
Attendees are responsible for all travel, lodging and meal expenses.
The best way to register is via the on-line registration system. This system allows you to register at your convenience, change your courses, cancel out of a program, and receive electronic feedback on the status of your request.
- Create an Account — This link will allow you to apply for all training programs. It also lets you track your training once you have applied. After signing up for the account, you will receive a user name and password by email. Then, you will be ready to sign in and request a seat in training programs.
- Training Account Login — Use this link if you have read the information (above) and already have a FLETC Training Account.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-743-5382 and reference this program.
- Taylor, MI -- May 06, 2014 to May 08, 2014
- Bloomington, IN -- Jun 17, 2014 to Jun 19, 2014
- Little Rock, AR -- Jul 22, 2014 to Jul 24, 2014