NEVO/Skid Control/Distracted Driving In-Service
The NEVO/Skid Control/Distracted Driving In-Service is a practical driving course focusing on improving an officer’s driving awareness, judgment and skills. Non-Emergency Vehicle Operations (NEVO) focuses on every day driving skills utilizing a driving course with eleven different skill areas. The Skid Control training focuses on inducing vehicle skids in a controlled environment so that proper skid recovery techniques may be employed. The Law Enforcement Distracted Driving awareness will expose the officer or agent to the job related distractions inherent to our profession and encourages law enforcement personnel to drive more responsibly. The goal of this in-service training is to improve the odds of officers being able to avoid preventable vehicular crashes.
Length: 1 day
- Orientation and Safety Brief, Distracted Driving Awareness
- Parallel Park (Driver and Passenger Side)
- Three Point Turn
- Backing Serpentine
- Forward Serpentine
- Figure Eight
- Skid Control
- Steering Techniques
- Braking Techniques
- ABS and Front Brake Disabled Vehicles
- Sneaky Brake Vehicles
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn state, local or tribal law enforcement peace officers.
TUITION-FREE Attendees are responsible for all travel, lodging and meal expenses.
The best way to register is via the on-line registration system. This system allows you to register at your convenience, change your courses, cancel out of a program, and receive electronic feedback on the status of your request.
- Create an Account— This link will allow you to apply for all training programs. It also lets you track your training once you have applied. After signing up for the account, you will receive a user name and password by email. Then, you will be ready to sign in and request a seat in training programs.
- Training Account Login — Use this link if you have read the information (above) and already have a FLETC Training Account.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-743-5382.
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.