Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture Training ProgramUp one level
The Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture Training Program is designed for law enforcement professionals; Investigators, Internal Auditors, Inspectors and Prosecuting Attorneys. The course provides a complete overview of the money laundering investigative process.
Length: This 4 ½ day training program is only offered as an export program at various locations throughout the U.S.
The course provides an interactive overview of the money laundering and asset forfeiture investigative process. Class size will be limited to the first twenty four (24) registrants. Each participant must bring a laptop computer with full version of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or above installed.
The course content focuses on participant application of Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture investigative techniques through an interactive investigation of a simulated money laundering investigation. The participants will begin the simulated investigation with informant based information normally encountered by the agent in the field. The money laundering suspect will take the participant through a maze of financial transactions specifically designed to conceal and disguise the source, location, and ownership of illegal proceeds. With that information the participants will utilize criminal investigative techniques to identify the witnesses and evidence that will be used to prove each of the elements of a money laundering violation and perfect the related asset forfeiture.
The investigation of the simulated case will be interspersed with relevant blocks of instruction that will augment the investigator’s current investigative skills and lead to a successful conclusion to the investigation. The blocks of instruction will include:
- Identifying money laundering targets.
- A review of The Bank Secrecy Act.
- An analysis of the Elements of the Money Laundering Control Act statutes and their application to a simulated investigation.
- Investigative techniques and evidentiary requirements necessary to prove the Elements of common Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture investigations.
- The fundamentals of Asset Forfeiture and Tracing of Funds.
- Use of the computer to organize, analyze, and present large volumes of financial evidence.
- Overview of Trade Based Money Laundering.
- Introduction to Forensic Accounting Techniques and methods of isolating criminally derived proceeds from commingled legitimate source proceeds.
Prerequisites for Attendance
Students who attend the Money Laundering and Asset Forfeiture Training Program are required to bring their own laptops. The laptops should contain a full version of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or above. The students must be able to read/write documents to a flash drive or CD/DVD rom drive.
Training Account Login -- Use If You Already Have a FLETC Training Account
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us at email@example.com or call 800-74FLETC.
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.