First Responder Training Program (FRTP)Up one level
The FRTP is a 2 ½ day classroom-based training program that covers the topics most applicable to law enforcement officers as first responders. Law enforcement officers must be trained and equipped to respond to virtually any situation, including criminal acts, terrorist attacks and other large-scale emergencies. These officers will need to use a system of command to achieve a coordinated and effective incident response. The FRTP will provide training, guidelines, and resources to address these, as well as other important issues. The FRTP is designed for law enforcement officers and law enforcement support personnel. The practical application of sound response principles is a main theme of this training program.
Length: 2 ½ days
- Incident Command System
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Crisis Intervention
- Institutional Safety Planning
- Rapid Deployment to an Active Shooter
Tuition and Cost
Tuition is free. Students will be responsible for travel, meals and lodging.
Prerequisites for Attendance
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn law enforcement peace officers with little or no drug enforcement training or experience.
- Click here for registration information
- Training Account Login -- Use If You Already Have a FLETC Training Account
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us at email@example.com or call 800-74FLETC.
Training Dates and Other Items
- First Responder Training Program Schedule (PDF)
- Picatinny, NJ -- Sep 10, 2013 to Sep 12, 2013
- St. George, UT -- Sep 24, 2013 to Sep 26, 2013
This page contains links to some PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.