Basic Criminal Investigations Workshop / In-ServiceUp one level
The criminal investigation process is one of the most challenging aspects of the law enforcement profession. Thorough and comprehensive investigations often yield successful criminal prosecutions, resulting in safer and healthier communities. The first step in delivering a comprehensive case for prosecution involves understanding and adhering to the core principles of the investigative process. This three day course will provide attendees with such principles and will provide a platform from which both novice and experienced law enforcement officers can develop further skills and abilities to conduct professional criminal investigations.
Part I: The Crime Scene - Core Elements and Considerations
- Basic crime scene management
- Conducting crime scene interviews
- Field notes and effective crime reports
- Physical evidence considerations
Part II: The Investigative Process – Key Elements and Considerations
- Criminal Constitutional Law: the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendment
- Interview considerations within the investigative process
- Interrogation considerations within the investigative process
- Developing investigative resources
Part III: Report Writing Documentation
Who Should Attend
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn law enforcement peace officers.
Attendees are responsible for all travel, lodging and meal expenses.
If you prefer to go directly to the registration database, or if you already have an account and password, go to https://registration.fletc.gov.
Call 1-800-743-5382 or E-mail us at email@example.com and reference the name of the program.
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.