Backcountry Tactics and Tracking Training ProgramUp one level
Students who successfully complete this training will be able to apply land navigation and tactical tracking skills in remote backcountry settings and urban environments. These skills will aid the student in interpreting track and sign at a crime scene and documenting findings in a case report to indicate furtherance and/or involvement in a crime. In addition, these skills will also aid in search and rescue operations, locating missing persons, border security, poaching, and fugitive apprehension. The program emphasizes the ability to work as a team or individually.
Length: 5 Days
- Land Navigation
- Tactical Team Development
- Non-Lethal Training Ammunition (NLTA)
- Immediate Action Drills
- Camouflage and Concealment
- Night Tracking
- Tactical Team Patrol Operations
- Sign Cutting and Tactical Tracking
- Operations Planning
- Interpretation of track and sign at crime scenes
- Documenting track and sign
Who Should AttendEnrollment is open to full-time state, local, rural or tribal law enforcement officers or fire management personnel who have responsibilities for the investigation of wild land fires.
Tuition and Cost
TUITION-FREE Attendees are responsible for all travel, lodging and meal expenses.
• Registration Information - Important information for NEW students/registrations
• Training Account Login - Use if you already have a FLETC training account and password.
If you have questions or need additional information, email us at email@example.com or call 800-743-5382. (Please reference the course name in your email, phone call or message.)
- Capitan, NM -- Sep 08, 2014 to Sep 12, 2014