Active Shooter Threat Training Program (ASTTP)
The Active Shooter Threat Training Program (ASTTP) is designed to qualify the student by instilling the knowledge and skills to successfully handle an active threat event. This course will provide the student with the proficiency and attitude through hands on training to manage these situations. The course takes Active Shooter Threat Tactics Training to the next level utilizing dynamic interactive drills and scenario based training. This course is an intensive 32 hour training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include individual and team movement and operational formation. In addition, this program focuses on the role and responsibilities of the responding officers. Upon successful completion of the course, each student will receive a certificate of completion.
Length: 4 Class Days
- Introduction to Active Threats
- Basic Tactics
- Officer Down Rescue Techniques
- Individual Tactical Skills
- Team Operations
- Non-Lethal Training Ammunition
- Tactical Simulation Drills
- Tactical Medical
- Attend and successfully complete all components of training. Late arrivals and early dismissals are not permitted.
- Skill performance practical exercise.
- Must be able to participate in intensive training lasting up to ten hours per day and not have any medical restrictions.
- Pre-registration is required
Students Need to Bring
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear i.e., BDU, agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.
- Knee pads and elbow pads are recommended, but not required
- Bug spray
Tuition and Cost
Tuition is free. Students will be responsible for travel, meals and lodging.
FOR COURSES BEING HELD AT FLETC FACILITIES (i.e., Glynco, GA; Artesia, NM, Charleston, SC): Meals will be provided at no cost for qualified attendees and lodging will be provided at no cost for those who work more than 50 miles from the training location.
Prerequisites for Attendance
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn law enforcement peace officers.
- Click here for registration information
- Training Account Login -- Use If You Already Have a FLETC Training Account
If you have questions or need additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-743-5382.
- Charleston, SC -- Sep 29, 2014 to Oct 02, 2014