Active Shooter Threat Instructor Training Program
The Active Shooter Threat Instructor Training Program (ASTITP) is designed to qualify the student to be a field training agent or officer by providing them with high quality training and instilling the analytical knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for the highest proficiency in this specialized field. The course takes Active Shooter Threat Tactics Training to the next level by emphasizing leadership; teach backs, and adult learning as well as the traditional technical skills needed by field training officers and special agents. This course is an intensive 40 hour training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include individual and team movement and operational formation. In addition, this program focuses on the role of the field trainer and emphasizes evaluation skills and documentation requirements. Upon successful completion of the course, each student will receive a certificate of training and will be officially recognized as an Active Shooter Threat Tactics Instructor.
Length: 5 class days
- Attend and successfully complete all components of training. Late arrivals and early dismissals are not permitted.
- Skill performance Practical Exercise.
- Must be able to participate in Intensive Training lasting up to 10 hours per day and not have any medical restrictions.
- Pre-registration is required.
Students need to bring
- Camelback or other means of hydration
- Appropriate wear e.g., BDU, Agency t-shirt (long sleeve or short sleeve), boots, etc.
- Knee pads and elbow pads are recommend but not required
- Bug Spray
Tuition and Cost
Tuition is free. Students will be responsible for travel, meals and lodging.
FOR COURSES BEING HELD AT FLETC FACILITIES (i.e., Artesia, NM, Charleston, SC, Glynco, GA): Tuition is free. Meals and lodging may be provided at no cost for qualified state and local attendees who work more than 50 miles from the training location.
Prerequisites for Attendance
Qualified applicants must be full-time, sworn law enforcement peace officers.
- Click here for registration information
- Training Account Login -- Use If You Already Have a FLETC Training Account
If you have questions or need additional information, email us at email@example.com or call 800-743-5382 and reference this program.
There are currently no training dates or other items within this program.