Tropical Storm/Hurricane Hanna Update for Charleston FLETCSeptember 05, 2008
Current Weather Conditions:
- Currently, breezy with Light Rain Falling. Charleston County is under a Tropical Storm Warning as well as a Hurricane Watch.
- Voluntary evacuations have been called for for residents east of Highway 17 and in low-lying areas.
- Weather will deteriorate rapidly after lunch today. Wind gusts from 50 - 60 mph are possible by evening hours. Rainfall from 2-4 " is expected.
- All Training at FLETC-CHS has been cancelled for today, Friday, 9/5/08.
- All non-essential FLETC personnel will not report to work today.
- All CHS County Schools are closed.
- All activities at the NWS were closed by early evening on Thursday, 9/4/08.
- FLETC will not be evacuating students to the North CHS Convention Center. All students have been instructed to remain in dorms until the passage of Hanna. All student parking around dorm 28 that are prone to flooding have been blocked by Jersey barriers. Cars have been relocated to the back side of the buildings.
- Transportation will be provided from Dorm 28 to and from the Cafeteria as needed throughout Friday and Saturday.
- No off-center transportation into CHS will be provided through Saturday.
- This information will be updated as conditions warrant.