Washington Operations (WO)Up one level
Located in the heart of the Nation's Capitol.
This Office advises and assists the Director, Deputy Director, and other senior officials in fulfilling the management responsibilities of the FLETC. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting executive level negotiations and discussions on a multitude of issues affecting all FLETC operations and policies..
- Developing and articulating FLETC strategy, plans, and policy positions on legislative matters to the Department, the Congress and others.
- Serving as the senior FLETC staff member in Washington, and, in consultation with the Director, consulting and coordinating on matters pertaining to the Office of the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, and other Departmental officials and their staffs.
- Researching, analyzing, and advising the Director on a variety of substantive issues generated in Washington at the Department and Partner Organization headquarters level.
- Directing or preparing position papers involving substantive issues and decisions, and policy proposals on behalf of the Director, Deputy Secretary and other Departmental officials and their staffs.
- Representing the FLETC with Federal (Executive, Judicial, and Legislative) organizations, professional organizations, and the private sector, to include negotiating policy positions, projecting needs and operational interests, and other matters.
- Developing and implementing policies which relate to training program requirements, facility planning and development, human resource activities, and budgetary issues; and analyzing situations to identify strategies designed to gain support from the Department, Office of Management and Budget, and the Congress.
- Supervising subordinate staff and FLETC personnel on special assignments based in the Washington area; and
- Serving as the principal interface with the Congress, its members, staffs, and committees regarding FLETC activities, policies, programs, appropriation matters, and other related legislation.
555 Eleventh Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004
Phone: (202) 233-0260
Fax: (202) 233-0258